"My name is Ellen and I'm a specialist relationship Counsellor, using an approach called Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT). I am passionate about working with individuals or couples and I offer a warm, confidential, non-judgmental space to work collaboratively with each couple, to understand the issues they are experiencing, and to offer support to improve and restore their relationship."I am a fully qualified, experienced Counsellor, trained in couples counselling, individual counselling, and trauma therapy. I have worked with clients for over 14 years, in the voluntary sector and in private practice. My core training is as an Integrative Counsellor (Psychodynamic, Humanistic & CBT) which draws on a range of theories, meaning that I can tailor our collaborative work to best fit your individual concerns. I have also been formally trained as an Emotionally Focused Therapist (EFT) to help support couples facing challenges in their relationship. In addition I am a Manager of a Counselling Service in Brighton & Hove, and I volunteer as a counsellor for a National Relationship Counselling Service. I have also worked as a Trainer and Freelance Therapist with men, women and children in specialist Trauma Services in the voluntary sector, in Sussex and London.
- EFT Advanced Externship in Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples (Marriage Care)
- Externship in Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples (ICEEFT & Marriage Care)
- Certificate in Relationship Counselling (Marriage Care, BACP Accredited)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling with Merit (University of Greenwich, London)
- Member of the British Emotionally Focused Therapy Community (BEFT Community)
- Member of the International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT)
- I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (No.609738) and I abide by its Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy. I also have full Professional Indemnity Insurance.